You can strain your lower back through twisting (as in games such as golf), lifting a heavy object, continual bad posture or even sitting in a poorly designed chair. Suddenly or over time, tissues get torn, leading to pain, swelling an stiffness.
Massage can help soothe lower back pain but it does not cure - you should still get a doctor to look at it and also advise you on what steps to take limit the injury.
Avoid bad back habits. Here are some tips for a Healthy Back.
- Adopt good posture. Whether sitting or standing, make sure back is straight but not stiff, hands resting comfortably at your desk or by your side.
- Use proper seats and bed. You can upset the alignment of your spine if a chair does not give your back proper support, or if your mattress is too soft.
- Lose weight. Excess weight puts pressure on your spine.
- Lift objects correctly. Always bend your knees when you lift a heavy object.
- Avoid smoking as it has been shown that smoking delays recovery from back pain and back surgery.
- Do some form of regular exercise. Watch the following video How To Stretch For Back Pain.
MAGNETIC THERAPY Power Pad for BACK PAIN RELIEF
8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot (Remember When It Didn't Hurt)