|Serves 4-5 persons|
2½ cups rice, washed and drained
2 pieces chicken thigh, seasoned with 1 tbsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, slightly crushed
2 slices ginger
2 pandan leaves, knotted
500 ml of chicken stock (2½ water level marking of electric rice cooker)
salt to taste
Tip: You can buy ready made clear chicken stock / broth in the supermarket or make your own, in a big pot, pour enough water, put in chicken parts and 1 chicken flavour cube, boil for 30 minutes.
1. In an electric rice cooker, heat oil, fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. Add rice, salt, chicken stock, and pandan leaves. Stir well.
3. Leave to cook until rice is almost cooked or dry (for about 10 minutes).
4. Place chicken thighs on the rice, cover and cook until rice and chicken is cooked.
5. Serve chicken rice with slices of cucumber, tomato and chili sauce.
For chili sauce:
8 red chillies
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
4 tbsp water or chicken stock
1 tsp sesame oil
1 clove garlic
2 slices ginger
In a blender, blend all the ingredients until fine and smooth. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be used up to a week.
Related Tools / Resources:
Black & Decker RC436 16-Cup Rice Cooker, White
Sanyo ECJ-N100W 10-Cup Electric Rice Cooker with Porridge/Soup Cooker and Steamer
The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-Inspired Recipes--from Soba Noodles to Summer Rolls
The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner
Quick & Healthy Recipes and Ideas: For people who say they don't have time to cook healthy meals