3 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup / 1 stick butter or margarine (softened)
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional, gives a sweeter taste)
- Using an electric mixer (or by hand), beat butter and cocoa until the mixture is well mix.
- Add vanilla, icing sugar and milk.
- Beat until the mixture is spreading consistency.
- If frosting is too runny, add a little sugar or if it is too thick add a drop or two of additional milk until frosting reaches the desired consistency.
- Have fun and enjoy the delicious taste of this special treat..
- The icing should be of a consistency that can be easily spread without tearing the cake.
- If frosting is too thick to spread easily, add a drop or two of additional milk until frosting reaches the desired consistency.
Avoid melting the butter; just "soften" it, because if not, it will be all liquid and you won't be able to spread it.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Chocolate Frosting. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.